Home

Making this bustier as a toile was very straight forward as my pattern was taken from the stand rather than customized from the block. This made my pattern very accurate when making my final. Cutting my satin at first was slightly difficult as it moves a lot as you cut and also pinning the pattern marks the fabric very easily so this process became quite slow as i wanted to take my time to make sure I didn’t damage or waste fabric.

Once I started sowing the fabric handled really well and all the pieces went together perfectly. Problems then started to arise when trying to keep the cups stable and even on the body they would hang down. To fix this problem I done a stay stitch along the top of the cups to stop the lining from rolling over , then altered some foam cups to shape and stitched along the bottom of the cup.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s